If ever a man has earned his place in the annals of military history, that man is Francis Gabby Gabreski. His exploits as a fighter pilot in World War II and Korea are legendary; his rise from humble beginnings to success in military and business career.
Francis "Gabby" Gabreski...
Related Scanning WWII links...
- 03 Feb 43: First aerial combat (RAF), too excited to make a kill
- 24 Aug 43: Flying with the US, gets first credited kill
- 26 Nov 43: His 4th and 5th kills earn him status of Ace
- 27 Mar 44: Victory credits total 18 with 6 multi-kill missions
- 22 May 44: Shoots down 3 Luftwaffe Fw-190s in single mission
- 27 Jun 44: Ties record with Bob Johnson in "ace race"
- 05 Jul 44: Becomes America's leading Ace with 28 confirmed kills
- 20 Jul 44: Flies "just one more" and crash lands in Germany
- 25 Jul 44: After five days on the run, Gabby is taken POW
Related WWII Store items (other Aces of WWII)...