ScanningWWII's WWII Store
Major General Maurice Rose:
World War II's Greatest Forgotten Commander
Hardcover, paperback (464 pages), kindle
General Rose, one of the greatest, most decorated battlefield Armor commanders in WWII, was tragically killed when surrounded by and captured by German troops.
Major General Maurice Rose, one of the greatest, most decorated battlefield Armor commanders in WWII, was tragically killed when surrounded by and captured by German troops.
Stephen Ossad and Don Marsh tell the dramatic story of his death and the controversy and investigation that followed — was he killed because he was Jewish or was he going for his gun?
He was originally Patton's chief of staff, as well as the highest ranking Jewish officer in WWII and the highest ranking American Jewish officer ever to be killed in action.
Deaths of US Generals in World War II...
Related Scanning WWII dates...
- 07 Jun 42: Gen Clarence L Tinker lost during Midway B-24 bombing mission
- 03 May 43: Gen Frank M Andrews is killed in an airplane crash in Iceland
- 12 Jul 44: Gen Theodore Roosevelt Jr dies of a heart attack in Normandy
- 25 Jul 44: Gen Lesley J McNair is killed in action by errant Allied bombing
- 28 Sep 44: Gen Theodore Roosevelt Jr posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor
- 26 Feb 45: Gens Millard Harmon and James Andersen disappear en route to Hawaii
- 30 Mar 45: Gen Maurice Rose is killed in action in Germany
- 18 Jun 45: Gen Simon Bolivar Buckner killed by artillery fire on Okinawa
- 09 Dec 45: Gen George S Patton is fatally injured in a car accident in Germany
- 21 Dec 45: Gen George S Patton dies from injuries sustained in the car accident
Related WWII Store items...
Scanning WWII is a project of the Arnett Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, Mesa, Arizona © 2005—2021