Through the powerful recollections of atomic bomb survivors, White Light / Black Rain: The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, an extraordinary new film by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Steven Okazaki, presents a deeply moving look at the painful legacy of the first -- and hopefully last -- uses of thermonuclear weapons in war. Featuring interviews with fourteen atomic bomb survivors - many who have never spoken publicly before - and four Americans intimately involved in the bombings, White Light/Black Rain provides a detailed exploration of the bombings and their aftermath.- In a succession of riveting personal accounts, the film reveals both unimaginable suffering and extraordinary human resilience.
The Atomic Bomb...
Related Scanning WWII links...
- 25 Jan 39: Uranium atom split for the first time
- 02 Aug 39: Szilárd, Einstein alert FDR of Nazi research
- 02 Dec 42: Fermi conducts nuclear chain reaction test
- 01 Feb 43: Ground broken at Oak Ridge TN for processing plant
- 03 Mar 44: B-29 drops dummy atomic bomb in California
- 16 Jul 45: First atomic bomb detonated in New Mexico
- 06 Aug 45: B-29 ENOLA GAY drops atomic bomb on Hiroshima
- 09 Aug 45: B-29 BOXCAR drops atomic bomb on Nagasaki
- 21 Aug 45: Manhattan Project accident; will kill a physicist
- 01 Jul 46: Test ABLE detonates atomic bomb in the air
- 25 Jul 46: Test BAKER detonates atomic bomb under the sea
- 14 Jul 49: Soviet Union detonates an atomic bomb
Related WWII Store items...