On December 17, 1944, during the Battle of the Bulge, more than eighty unarmed American soldiers were shot down after having surrendered to an SS tank column near the small crossroads town of Malmédy, Belgium. In vivid prose with revealing details, Fatal Crossroads reconstructs the previously untold story of the largest single atrocity committed against American POWs on the Western front in World War II.
The Battle of the Bulge...
Related Scanning WWII dates...
- 16 Dec 44: Battle of the Bulge begins; largest, bloodiest battle fought on the western front
- 17 Dec 44: Atrocities committed against American POWs at Malmedy and Wereth
- 20 Dec 44: German advance fails to capture allied fuel dumps, start running out of gas
- 22 Dec 44: Gen McAuliffe says "Nuts!" to German surrender ultimatum at Bastogne
- 24 Dec 44: Belgian nurse is presumed killed in Bastogne when her aid station is shelled
- 26 Dec 44: Patton's 10th Armored relieves besieged 101st Airborne defenders
- 25 Jan 45: All ground taken by the Germans is recovered, ending the Battle of the Bulge
Related WWII Store items...
- Battle of the Bulge
1965 film - DVD, Blu-ray
- Fatal Crossroads:
The Untold Story of the Malmedy Massacre at the Battle of the Bulge
- The Wereth Eleven
2011 film - DVD
- Nuts! The Battle of the Bulge:
The Story and Photographs
- Band of Brothers
DVD 6-discs, Blu-ray